A continuación encontraremos una lectura útil para la práctica de reading en Inglés (nivel Intermedio – Alto).
Do you really need to recruit?
When someone resigns, retires or leaves a post for some other reason, it´s a good opportunity to assess whether the vacancy still serves a purpose and ask yourself if you need to recruit a replacement or whether the work can be dealt with differently.
Reasons to recruit
Here are the most frequent reasons for recruitment
- More help and or expertise are needed in sales.
- More administrative support is needed to enable managers to spend more time on developing the business
- The workload has increased and people are being overstretched, so there is need to reorganize and bring in another person
- A new market is being targeted and someone with specific expertise and experience in that market is needed.
Alternatives to recruitment
Don´t assume that recruitment is the only option. Before taking any steps, review how you organize your business and yourself and ask the following questions:
- Can systems be improved so that more effective use is made of staff time?
- Can the team work more effectively within the existing system by identifying and concentrating on priorities?
- Can outsourcing be a more cost-effective solution to taking on the fixed cost of a new member of staff?
- Was the previous person fully occupied?
- Is this an ideal chance to reorganize job roles?
- Is it the right time to promote somebody into the vacant position?
- Will anyone be needed in this post in the future, does it fit in with future plans
- Could the job be split and allocated to present employees without overloading them?
- Was the job the previous person doing really necessary?
- Is it right to keep the tasks the previous employee was doing as one person´s job
- Were you getting value for money out of someone doing that job?
Going ahead with recruitment
If, after a good look at the job, you decide you do need to recruit, even if the job has been redefined and the content has changed, the next stage is to define clearly what you are looking for by formulating a job description and a person specification.
Para contratar clases de inglés especializadas en Recursos Humanos en su corporación solicite cotización por email a 📧info@EnglishCorporateTraining.com.ar o por teléfono al (011) 15 3205 1365. Será un gusto asistirlo.